How Holistic Healing Builds Patterns of Self-Love
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Buddha
Here at Hudson Healing Arts, we’re firm believers that the most important relationship you’ll ever have is the one with yourself. That’s why we decided to repost this blog from 2021, which still rings just as true today.
After all, the more you build patterns of treating yourself with love, the more you’re able to extend that love to others. At HHA, we offer a variety of healing modalities to help you find balance in mind, body and spirit. From this place of relaxation, it becomes far easier to embrace the beauty that lies within.
Read on to learn more about how our healing services can help nurture self-love — because you’re so worth it!
Bach Flower Remedies
There’s no shortage of blocks that can prevent us from prioritizing self-care. The beauty of Bach Flower Remedies is that there’s a remedy for pretty much all of them! You may be surprised just how much a little flower power can balance your emotional state. Here’s just a short list of common emotional blocks that these remedies can help address.
● Guilt: While taking care of ourselves enables us to better care for others, guilt often creeps in regardless. It’s easy to convince ourselves that we’re responsible for everyone else’s happiness first and foremost. Pine is an amazing remedy that helps gently remove that weight from your shoulders so you can treat yourself better.
● Procrastination: Does your to-do list leave you with a sense of inertia or mental weariness? If so, Hornbeam is a brilliant remedy. The wood of the hornbeam bush is used to make tool handles, so its essence is great for strength and helping you take on life one step at a time.
● Rigidity: If you’re holding yourself to overly high standards, Rock Water can help you be more realistic with the demands you place on yourself. It helps you to deal with perfectionism so you can find the joy and peace you deserve!
● Physical exhaustion: Sometimes, pure exhaustion keeps us from even being able to consider the thought of self-care. Olive is wonderfully restorative, helping to give you a subtle second wind while encouraging balance and mindfulness about your limits. This is particularly great for tired parents.
● Lack of confidence: Sometimes, we stop ourselves before even trying to start something that will bring us comfort (say, a new exercise routine) because we think we’ll never be able to accomplish it. Larch helps give that much-needed boost of self-esteem to try new things with some faith in ourselves.
● Apathy: If your enthusiasm and happiness feels hard to access, or you’ve had a lot of “Why bother?” thoughts as of late, Wild Rose is great for reigniting that spark of aliveness inside you.
● Stuck: Perhaps you’re simply not feeling the way you’d like to, or you’re stuck in the same pattern of behavior that’s just not working. Chestnut Bud can help you connect the dots, learn from life’s lessons and create new patterns of behavior that encourage your desired result.
Bach Flower remedies are incredibly versatile tools for everyday support. Our Bach Foundation Registered practitioner, Beth O’Boyle, offers phone consultations to listen to how you’re feeling and where you’re facing challenges, and identify the right mix (of up to seven essences) to help your unique situation. Since each person responds differently to different situations, Beth gets to the root of why you’re feeling a certain way. This helps find the appropriate remedy to help your emotions flow through so that you can experience a greater sense of wellbeing.
When we’re dealing with physical issues, such as migraines or insomnia, treating ourselves with kindness is often the last thing on our minds. It’s far more common to berate our bodies for “failing” us. Acupuncture is a wonderful way to activate the body’s self-healing mechanisms — without medication and unwanted side effects. From a space of feeling good in your body, it becomes so much easier to nurture your mind and spirit as well to truly thrive.
AshWork Energy Clearing
If you’re hung up on a specific problem or pattern, AshWork offers a way to ease your burden and shed the baggage that’s been wearing on you. This gentle, new paradigm for energy clearing provides a new, broader perspective or resolution and a feeling of lightness and calm. Regardless of the type of issue you’re dealing with, AshWork helps to support greater acceptance of yourself, in turn helping you to accept others too.
Counseling doesn’t have to be a lifelong commitment; in fact, our resident counselor Andrea Inaeun excels in offering short-term support for clients. Counseling is an incredible way to get a framework for what self-care truly looks like for you. Andrea is passionate about helping individuals build “emotional toolboxes” to feel more empowered and resilient in the face of challenges.
It’s only natural that many of us are having a hard time relaxing after the events of the past few years. If you’re sabotaging the possibility of happiness by mentally preparing yourself for the worst, guided imagery can deliberately direct your mind to a healthier, more productive path...one that’s open to joyful possibilities!
The Feldenkrais Method
Feldenkrais is a wonderful way to put the pep back in your step and uncover greater ease and pleasure in movement. This method helps better support your body and improve oxygen flow, which then positively affects the way you think and feel. It’s like a tapestry; once you pull at one thread, you realize just how much everything is affected!
Hannah Chenoweth is a Hoboken-based conference producer and freelance writer who enjoys covering all aspects of health and wellness.
AshWork Energy Clearing
Bach Flower Remedies